Cooking Time: 01 hrs 10 mins (approx.)
Number of Servings: 1
50ml/2fl oz sherry vinegar
150ml/5½fl oz extra virgin olive oil
2 limes, juice only
salt and freshly ground black pepper
vegetable oil, for frying
200g/7oz cooking chorizo, chopped
500g/1lb 2oz squid, washed, cleaned and chopped into rings
1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
100g/3½oz fresh watercress leaves
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1. In a bowl, mix together the sherry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and lime juice.
2. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set this dressing aside.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the chopped chorizo and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp.
4. Add the squid rings to the pan the chorizo was cooked in and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until opaque.
5. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
6. Add the dressing to the pan the chorizo and squid were cooked in. 7. Swirl the pan to distribute the dressing and heat until warmed through.
8. Place the chorizo, squid, capers, watercress and mint into a bowl. 9. Drizzle over the warm lemon and sherry vinegar dressing and mix to combine.